Application Sales Engineer
Business Type: Sales & Marketing Salary Range: DOE Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
Our client is global organization that designs and develops custom engineered precision systems and electromechanical temperature, pressure, timing and measurement solutions. With over 40+ years of innovation and success, they have proudly served key industry disciplines that include: Military, Commercial, and Nuclear applications.
Currently, we have been engaged to identify an Application Sales Engineer, enterprise solutions whose primary objective will be to generate and sustain sales of Commercial, Military and Nuclear product lines, focused on developing technical solutions that meet the engineering application needs and demands of key customer accounts. Working in conjunction with the Senior Design ME/EE team, the ideal candidate will further expand and develop the company’s product portfolio capabilities to ensure continued business growth and new market share capture.
Answering to the President and Chief Engineering Officer this individual will interface directly with customers to determine system requirements, product design criteria, specifications etc. to synthesize and manage new product development efforts that meet market needs and trends – leading the full life cycle process including opportunity identification, new product concept design, quotation, specification, proposal and sales of custom engineered solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the technical representative-liaison to customers inquiring about product capability and application.
- Assess customer needs and provide the best solution, including manufacturability and engineering requirements.
- Identify areas of growth within existing customers for legacy and new product systems and solution offerings.
- Oversee research and development of new products that could be utilized in new markets or applications.
- Conduct market research of prospective clients and provide onsite customer sales calls to identify and generate need.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives maintaining open communication with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
- Prepare proposals, both proactive and in response to RFQ’s, coordinating information from various internal groups.
- Evaluate products and develop new applications, diversifying solutions that meet new and existing market demands.
- Lead the concept creation phase of system design, proposal, process development to solutions launch and installation.
- Maintain knowledge of the products and technology related to customers, competitors and vertical market industry.
- Oversee installation, operation, and/or repair of client systems to ensure they’re functioning according specification.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization, reporting on project status and updates.
- Prioritize efficiently – developing specific goals and plans to maximize success of projects on-time and under budget.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with relevant hands-on experience.
- Strong communication, technical, persuasive and professional acumen required to find win-win outcomes.
- Intrinsically motivated self-starter who is extremely organized with a high technical aptitude and attention to detail.
- 3-5 years’ experience with electronic systems, precision measurement, or custom engineered solutions.
- Develop, read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Work effectively with internal and external colleagues, clients and vendors on a domestic and international scale.
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.