Vice President Sales - Retail Solutions
Business Type: Reitman Security Search Salary Range: DOE Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
Our Client is one of the world's most highly regarded providers of Security Technologies with a comprehensive product portfolio of advanced solutions specifically designed to protect high-value merchandise and the safety of retail employees.
We are presently engaged to identify a Vice President of Sales with proven expertise in leading successful retail vertical sales teams – Doing so in an agile environment, with a strong understanding of existing client base that is comprised of some of the most prominent brands in Telecommunications, Big Box, Luxury, Grocery, Casino, and Cannabis.
This individual must have a proven and demonstrated track record of successfully directing, coaching, leading and mentoring an established sales force fixated on new client acquisition of strategic retail clients, defining and implementing new business development and sales initiatives across regions to achieve overall business profitability. The Director will serve as the ambassador on all major account pursuits, maintaining strong customer relationships to identify and evaluate market opportunities to ensure corporate profitability and new market share capture goals are met.
- Manage a tenured, successful National Sales team of Regional Sales Managers (direct sales force). Take responsibility for meeting/exceeding agreed upon sales and revenue targets.
- Drive new customer acquisition in line with existing portfolio of prominent logos; offer deep understanding of retail sales strategy, sales development initiatives- Preferably with national-level relationships to support new account penetration.
- Data-driven, servant-leader who is focused on supplying his/her team with tools and opportunities necessary to sustain above average results by implementing national sales programs and developing field sales action plans.
- Optimize the selling process for team members by bringing innovative, market leading solutions to some of the largest customers, nurturing strategic relationships; Creates immediate gravitas, influence, and trust with customers within all functions and at all levels of the organization.
- Partner effectively with Marketing, Client Service and other functional areas to ensure all are aligned with sales for greatest revenue attainment.
- Manage deal structure and strategy; optimize offerings for the market and coach the team to do so effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with proven experience communicating, negotiating, and closing with executives and stakeholders
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and collaborating with executive leadership to develop annual sales quotas for regions, projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products.
- Metrically driven; strong CRM, forecasting, reporting and presentation skills are a must. But must also demonstrate mastery in understanding trends that are representative in data. Uses leading indicators, combined with analysis of historic individual and team performance to identify, coach, and correct funnel management issues to keep team on track with regards to sales objectives and strategic imperatives.
- Implements and ensures the proper use of standardized sales processes/procedures to create synergies between team members.
-Minimizes distractions and ad-hoc requests to ensure team has the most time selling.
- Coaches field sales team to identify key stakeholders and articulate business value propositions to maximize impact on decision makers and accelerate deal velocity. Ensures that sales support teams are fully aligned behind key opportunities to support sales efforts.
- Ensure all team members that engage with customers act as brand ambassadors
- Provide VOC input to product literature, social media, website, etc. so information is kept up to date, working closely with marketing to update branding.
- Work closely with other vertical sales teams/leaders to identify areas of expansion, supporting special projects, as required.
-Minimum 10+ years’ experience leading Retail Vertical Sales Teams
-Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, MBA a plus
This individual can be based virtually. The ideal candidate will have convenient access to a major airport in a metropolitan area with national travel required.
This role offers highly competitive compensation, bonus opportunity, leading benefits and -most critically- an agile, progressive, growth-oriented culture that consistently puts their employees first.
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.