Product Offering Lead- Security/Fire/Life Safety Solutions
Business Type: Reitman Security Search Salary Range: DOE Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
Our client is a global leader by a wide margin in advanced detection, building notification, and software & services- They’re revolutionizing the way they serve customers by developing hardware & software solutions that go beyond traditional installed technology management and provide post-installation service/maintenance data to increase the timeliness, scope and business impact of offerings.
These critical-environment connected, intelligent technology products, software, and solutions are widely recognized globally- securing airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
We are currently seeking a senior Product Manager/Offering Lead to join our client’s safety systems offering management team to lead and direct a global offering portfolio. The selected candidate will work closely at all levels of the organization and collaborate cross-functionally to develop distinctive product plans with outstanding financial outcomes. Although an engineering degree is not required, this individual must be comfortable managing a technically complex product line. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are eager to help us drive a high level of growth and success in the market.
• Voice of Customer & Segmentation
• Plan and conduct Voice of Customer (VOC) to understand customer needs & pain points.
• Understand the high value problems customers face and the linkage of those problems to how customers serve their end-user customers.
• Perform customer segmentation analysis and understand the customer decision journey
• Market Research & Competitive Landscape
• Understand market drivers, competitors, and overall business environment through collecting and interpreting market data
• Conduct competitive analysis to assess sources of competitive advantage
• Assess market attractiveness, commercial viability, and share of demand to evaluate new product introductions and other growth programs
• Value Proposition & Competitive Positioning
• Write and communicate a succinct value proposition for each target segment addressing the customer problem compared to the next best alternative with the monetary value the offering provides to the customer
• Position the offering against competitors by identifying and stating target market segments and problems to be solved
New Offering Management
• Ensure the efforts of each participating function (sales, engineering, operations, etc.) are accurately represented in the product plan
• Translate customer and business needs into actional product requirements
• Business Models & Pricing: Define the business model with the appropriate value capture approach relative to the next best alternative.
• Establish effective pricing strategies to ensure optimal pricing realization for the offering portfolio.
• Develop financial models for new offering business plans, quantifying and balancing expected revenue against initial investment and costs to estimate internal rate of return (IRR) and project margin.
• Portfolio Lifecycle Management
• Understand, articulate, and own the financial impact for the offering portfolio decisions (both P&L & balance sheet) and ensure alignment with the strategic direction of the business.
• Translate strategy and market needs into a multi-year roadmap which includes a detailed 1-year plan.
• Manage products across their lifecycle from demand planning of new offerings to end of life.
• Bachelors degree
• 3+ years of experience in technical product management
• 3+ years of Commercial Fire knowledge
• Electronic Physical Security, Fire, Life Safety Experience
• Proven track record of success in a product marketing or strategic marketing environment
• Assertive team player: ability to work in a matrix environment and positively influence and drive consensus across teams without direct authority
• Ability to collaborate and drive consensus across teams
• Skill in developing and maintaining relationships with key customers and field sales
• Quickly identifies patterns among problems & issues
• Make timely decisions balancing systematic analysis
• Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues
• Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills
• Demonstrated ability to drive customer intimacy and understand customer needs
• Demonstrated effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with excellent planning, execution and project-management skills and a strong sense of project ownership
Our client offers a clear, significant growth/development path with one of the worlds most recognized and respected technology brands, highly competitive salary/bonus and a comprehensive package of corporate benefits.
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.