PRODUCT MANAGEMENT LEADER
Business Type: Reitman Security Search Salary Range: DOE Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
Product Management Leader
Our Client, is a globally diversified market leader in Enterprise Security Software Solutions that is addressing some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to connected and secure environments within the government, enterprise, consumer, education, healthcare, and transportation vertical market sectors (among others).
Currently we’ve been engaged to identify and evaluate an elite PRODUCT MANAGEMENT LEADER whose core focus will be to drive product vision, strategy, platform definition, feature priorities, release priorities, competitive positioning and long-term direction, in addition to tactical sprint guidance and release launches – leading a tenured product management team for a robust product portfolio that includes complex enterprise security solutions serving a wide array of strategic end-user vertical markets, globally.
The successful candidate will apply a blend of technical and business competencies to recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines and solutions by reviewing product specifications and complex customer requirements, appraising new product ideas, implementing new product and/or packaging changes and evaluating the overall market competition gathering product source data via voice of customers to optimize product line technology and performance – acting as a “GM” for the product line(s) and champion for an innovative and disruptive mix of enterprise class technology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Define high-impact product strategies and ensure the success of products/Software solutions
- Drive market readiness in delivering new and existing products
- Lead and leverage analyses of business and market trends
- Lead major commercialization and product development initiatives
- Build trust through problem solving, candor, and decision-making skills
- Lead conversations about product opportunities and oversight of project budgets
- Identify opportunities to drive strategic value for partners and, where mutually beneficial, take responsibility for extending and expanding our partnerships
- Work with the sales and engineering teams to develop a vision and product approach for new partnership opportunities
- Effectively educate partners on product development process and seamlessly kick-off new partner engagements
- Facilitate the creation of a product vision that accomplishes user and business objectives, and inspires product teams
- Coach the team to develop and communicate a short-term roadmap and long-term strategy for the multiple products under your guidance
- Lead the product development lifecycle and drive outcomes through attention to detail and adaptability -- train your teams on the details of their role from stories and acceptance criteria to annual product planning
- Foster an environment dedicated to quality
- Coach, mentor, and create career development plans for the product managers on your team
- Incorporate opportunities to flex the team's creative muscles through exploration and experimentation
- Engage fully in the leadership team by sharing support, insight, and recommendations to other directors and product owners globally
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying and performing the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines and solutions by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with Sales and Marketing Leadership to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 10+ years’ experience as a product manager with a consistent track record of delivering extraordinary digital products
- 5+ years’ experience leading a high performing team
- Deep experience in commercialization, voice of the customer, the sales process, and experience with contract negotiations
- Experience leading agile teams and educating others on agile methodologies
- Experience collaborating with senior engineers on complex projects -- a track record of engagement in problem-solving
- Unique presentation and storytelling skills
- Ability to form and articulate a cohesive vision around user and business needs, timelines, and technical possibilities
- Eagerness to embrace challenges on a daily basis
- Have a passion for ethics in all aspects of business
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Security industry experience a plus
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.