Major Projects, Competitive Construction Business Development
This position has been filled. Business Type: Reitman Security Search Salary Range: DOE Location: Canada Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
Our client is a diversified Fortune 100 global leader in high-end integrated security. They are addressing some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to safety and security providing innovative and reliable integrated security technology that is building a safer and more secure world.
We’re currently evaluating candidates for an ELITE Sr. Competitive Construction Business Consultant and will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow the competitive construction business within Canada.
- Primary focus will be on new business development, by leveraging sales strategies and plans to grow Competitive Construction market within the following:
- Traditional Bid Spec Market: New Client Acquisition/Service Contracts within the Enterprise and the public sector.
- Design Build Market: developing partnerships with key Ecosystem business units such as Architects, Engineers, Consultants, General Contractors, other sub trades, and end-users.
- Building a network of Ecosystem partners across Canada.
- Utilize experience within the construction industry, and strong business development judgment and leadership acumen to lead a team to achieve the financial / non-financial goals through the implementation of sales strategies and processes to ensure annual region growth is achieved.
- Provide strategic sales growth direction to drive sales, geographic expansion and increase market share in all branch locations through your involvement on impact reviews and key customer meetings within an ecosystem consisting of: End Users, Contractors, Suppliers, and Consulting Engineers, etc.
- Develop new construction opportunities across lines of business with traditional and new offerings through understanding of market trends, key players in the market and next generation technologies.
- Maintain and achieve an individual sales quota.
- Development and execution of sales strategies to meet annual sales goals, and achieve Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets.
- Coach and develop the sales team to grow the construction business, in collaboration with their sales managers.
- Execute new solution offerings and implement key business initiatives to provide sales leadership for key market pursuit strategy.
- Monitor strengths and weaknesses of the value proposition, and make required adjustments based on market intelligence.
- Leverage strength of overall business by utilizing available resources outside the region, while aligning corporate sales and marketing initiatives to region strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS and KEY DELIBERABLES:
- MBA and/or BS Degree in Engineering, Business Management, Marketing or relevant field.
- Successful experience leading a geographically dispersed sales team.
- Proven ability to work and sell across various diverse markets and experience developing/executing strategies for sales growth.
- Solid understanding of P&L and ability to build business case for sales growth investments.
- Strategic planning: ability to define the problem/issue and marketing research objectives, charter and resource marketing research effort to create winning business strategies.
- Understands how to build sales strategies from market data across multiple geographies / industries and use common sense approach to execution.
- Creative, decisive, high energy and ability to energize and inspire others.
- Excellent negotiation skills: ability to understand customer needs and negotiate complex sales and value offerings to customers.
- Leadership skills: ability to define vision for the organization, rally the team around the vision, set high expectations and manages to expectations.
- Strong coaching and influencing skills: ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and influence other members of leadership team without formal authority.
- Strategic market analysis, competitive landscape and market information development.
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.