Director of Product Management
This position has been filled. Business Type: Reitman Security Search Salary Range: Compensation DOE Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
Our client is a leading provider of electronic life safety systems and solutions that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to intuitive environments; with over 50+ years of demonstrated market dominance designing and building innovative products that save lives and protect the property and assets of major client companies, globally.
Currently we’ve been engaged to identify an Elite Director of Product Management, Key Accounts whose primary focus will be on the full life-cycle management of an innovative and robust product portfolio of commercial life safety products, key account relationships, and OEM client partnerships. This product development professional will utilize their engineering and marketing acumen to manage existing solutions, as well as identify, develop and bring to market new products that will increase revenue and market share capture gain – applying a blend of technical engineering, marketing and key account management competencies to optimize product line technology and performance.
Candidates must have demonstrated success driving superior customer satisfaction working directly with internal/external sales, engineering, OEM, and various sales channels; assessing customer needs (VOC), market and competitive research, regulatory requirements and product launches to effectively develop and drive a winning portfolio strategy.
- Develop product positioning and value proposition for a diverse Life Safety Technology Portfolio.
- Provide commercial, technical, supply chain and financial leadership for product lines to drive sustainable growth initiatives.
- Responsible for full product lifecycle management for unique product segments, including new product development plans, product enhancements, product launch plans and execution, market priorities, and product discontinuation.
- Identify key market trends, customer needs (VOC), and competitive intelligence to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for full product lifecycle for the assigned product segments, including new product development plans, product enhancements, product launch plans and execution, market priorities, and product discontinuation.
- Ensure constant observation of competitor activities, portfolio gaps, demand and supply conditions, standards and regulations.
- Initiate analyses and decision proposals for new product developments and road map.
- Lead product management and cross functional teams to achieve project deadlines and budgets.
- Review cost, profit and loss of all projects during, and following the project.
- Prepare and brief all required launch plans and materials with Sales, Marcom and Supply Chain to maximize clear messaging.
- Identify and cultivate potential new partners to ensure future growth and market relevancy.
- Manages OEM Key Accounts directly, demonstrated ability to interact at all levels of the organization to influence growth.
- Identify and communicate the strengths and weaknesses of the solutions value proposition, making required adjustments based on market intelligence working closely with the global engineering, marketing, and sales teams.
- Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential clients and anticipate current/future product needs.
- 5+ years of product management and/or technical key account management experience required.
- Ability to identify technology market trends, and translate technical product features and benefits that meet customers’ needs.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to work well in a team-based environment.
- Marketing/Product management/Business Operations experience in the Life Safety industry (or adjacent space) preferred with full life-cycle product management experience regarding design, feasibility through product launch and implementation.
- Excellent track record in a demanding, fast-paced, cross-functionally-aligned environment.
- Ensure constant observation of relevant markets, including competitor activities, portfolio gaps, demand and supply conditions, standards and regulations.
- Must be able to establish and cultivate excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels, globally.
- Demonstrated expertise in formulating and implementing new product commercialization strategy and plans.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of internal/external customer and partner organizations.
- Familiarity with global issues, multiple market segments, dealer channels, security and life safety systems highly desirable.
- Knowledge of engineering standard practices in electronic product design and development.
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.