Lab Manager (Quality)
This position has been filled. Business Type: Reitman Healthcare & Science Salary Range: 70-90k Location: New Haven, CT Hours: Full Time Status: Direct Hire
Quality Control/Chemical Lab Management Leader capable to train and advance to QC and Compliance Manager.
This position is responsible for implementing, operating and maintaining a highly-regulated Quality Management System, arranging external audits and serving as liaison with regulatory agencies, auditing bodies and other external parties to assure adherence to ISO/IEC quality standards and guidelines.
Our client, is a Global leading provider of high-quality certified chemical products, materials and solutions used in analytical, environmental and research laboratories in over 130 countries. For the past 30 years, they have proudly served loyal customers that include Scientists within the Private Industry, Government Agency and University Sector.
This is a highly attractive opportunity given the companies status, longevity and employee friendly environment, as well as the impact of the position on the company and its clients.
Assure compliance with all applicable ISO quality standards
- Administering the Controlled Document System.
- Compiling the Quality Manual.
- Responsible for the effective enforcement of the Quality Policy.
- Advise senior management on quality issues.
- Arrange external audits and serve as a liaison with regulatory agencies, auditing bodies and other external parties on matters relating to the quality system.
- Attend Product and Commercial Nonconformance Meetings.
- Maintain Quality Record Index.
- Perform internal audits.
- Work with all departments when developing or revising work instructions.
- Hold Management Review Meetings.
- Track metric measures of the quality system functions.
- Report on the performance of the QMS at the monthly Manager’s Meeting – including any need for improvement.
- Promote awareness of the QMS and customer requirements throughout the organization.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering and/or 5 – 7 years of relevant experience.
Internal Auditor and Quality Standards process and procedure training and implementation a must.
Familiarity with the daily operations of Manufacturing, Production and/or Lab environment.
Understanding of the working requirements of a complex Quality Management System.
Familiarity with current ISO 9001, standards is highly desirable.
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.