Business Type: Reitman Healthcare & Science Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience Location: New Haven County, CT Hours: Full Time
Our client, a non-profit organization, is seeking a new member to join their fast-paced production laboratory. This opportunity will allow the right candidate to work independently as well as with the Laboratory Manager.
This position will be responsible for conducting a wide variety of analyses in accordance with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protocol to assure compliance with State and Federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide prompt and precise results for all chemical analysis
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing analytical methods
- Assist laboratory manager with the development and implementation of new analytical methods
- Utilize various software programs to maintain documentation of all quality control analysis
- Write and review standard operating procedures
- Provide training to new staff
- Meet critical deadline commitments
- Be detail-oriented
- Exercise efficient multi-tasking skills
- Always reflect the following values: Service, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Safety
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
- Must be motivated and comfortable in a laboratory setting
- Skilled in operating, calibrating, and maintaining a variety of manual and automated laboratory instruments
- Experience with GC and GC/MC
- Cindy Carlson
- Leanne Petrillo
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.