This position has been filled. Business Type: Administrative Salary Range: Based on Experience Location: CT Shoreline Area Hours: Full Time Status: Direct Hire
Our client, a rapidly growing business and leader in the printing and packing industry, is seeking a new member to their team. This opportunity will allow the right candidate to grow their career within their busy manufacturing plant.
This position will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll using Paylocity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the payroll service provider and process weekly and bi-weekly payroll for more than 500 hourly and salaried employees at multiple locations in multiple states
- Review employee expense reports and ensure garnishments, benefits, tax adjustments, special day types and reimbursements are accurately processed
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Manage time/time off, attendance, PTO accruals and appropriate approvals within the system
- Guarantee compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws and ensure new hires, temp workers, transfers, promotions and terminations are processed accurately and timely
- Report to Corporate Controller
- Respond speedily to employee inquiries and issues
- Support other members of the finance team and perform special projects as required
- Must pay utmost attention to detail, be extremely organized and be a team player
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR, and Finance departments to reconcile data sharing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Multi-state payroll experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll administration, including US State and federal regulations
- BA or BS degree (preferred)
- 3 years of payroll experience (required)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a multi-state payroll department (preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Office/Excel skills
- External payroll processing system (ADP, Paylocity, Paychex, etc) experience
- Cindy Carlson
- Leanne Petrillo
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.