Business Type: Administrative Salary Range: 45-50k Location: New Haven County Hours: Full Time Status: Temp to Hire
This is a full-time position requiring flexible availability to work extra hours as needed
This job will entail working and managing personal injury cases from start to finish. Compensation will be based on the candidates demonstrated skills and competencies. Competitive benefits and paid parking made available.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- communication with clients, witnesses, insurance adjusters and defense counsel
- maintaining files; calendars, monitoring/tracking deadlines and maintaining schedules
- filing and service of pleadings
- preparing fee agreements
- preparing complaints, subpoenas, petitions to extend the statute of limitations, motions, discovery requests and arbitration/mediation statements
- obtaining, organizing and reviewing medical records and bills; processing invoices
- responding to, reviewing and summarizing discovery
- arranging for court reports and transcripts
- trial preparation, including preparing exhibits and trial notebooks
- verification of liens and billing
- preparation of settlement statements; file closure
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel
- Certification in paralegal studies or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.