Business Type: Industrial, Manufacturing & Production Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000 Location: New Haven County Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
The Traffic Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day timely and accurate coordination of domestic shipments and internal transfers. The Traffic Coordinator is a fully contributing member of the Operations Team who factors positively to the overall success and profitability of the company.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each item listed under Essential Duties and Responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed in the Required Skills and Abilities section are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. They consist of the following (these duties may change with business practices):
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and/or sets up inventory transfers between the warehouse network.
- Maintains and updates electronic files, records, and delivery schedules.
- Receive and process routing requests.
- Submits routing requests for domestic shipments following customer’s routing guides.
- Audit transportation and non-inventory purchases, invoices, and, in the event of a discrepancy, submits dispute to vendor while following up through resolution.
- Operates out of multiple buildings.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with domestic transportation and its modes (LTD, TL, Intermodal)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Planning and deadline driven skills
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop a plan of action to prevent delays in deliveries
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail with solid dependability and accuracy
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and within a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate successful multi-tasking capabilities
- Follow through and problem solving with limited supervision
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Blue Yonder software is a plus.
Education and/or Experience
Transportation and logistics experience a must
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) with 3-5 years of related experience and/or training
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note that the Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. All employees may be required to perform duties/tasks outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Employment is “at will” and this job description does not imply or constitute a contract or employment agreement. This job description is subject to change at the sole discretion of management.
- Olivia Angelo
- Brianna Ferraiolo
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.