Production & Assembly Manager
This position has been filled. Business Type: Executive & Senior Management Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
Our client, an innovative designer, manufacturer and leading global supplier of electro-mechanical products seeks a high-energy and seasoned Production & Assembly Manager who will ensure the efficient and cost effective use of resources (material and personnel) to achieve production goals. This individual will lead, organize, monitor and evaluate a tenured team and implement necessary interventions for improvement. He or she will make recommendations for hiring, training and discharging associates and will lead efforts to cross-train associate teams for maximum flexibility.
- Ability to engage the workforce, fostering a culture where associates are enthusiastic about their work and strive to further the organization; must be skilled in conflict management and resolution.
- Ability to plan assembly schedules and control workflow, materials and other resources to minimize costs and maintain scheduled production requirements for the department.
- Ensures conformance to established procedures and product quality levels.
- Ensure that employees are properly trained in the areas of Equipment Operation, Quality, OSHA safety practices and good housekeeping utilizing 5S philosophy.
- Lean or Lean Sigma training, certification and/or experience.
- Strong computer skills, including documents, spreadsheets (Word & Excel) and time keeping systems.
- Implement efficiencies to assembly processes with strong troubleshooting and problem solving focus.
- Grasp short and long-term goals and works with strategic focus; employing sound production planning skills.
- Preparedness; anticipates and researches potential inquiries from the VP Operations and other managers and is equipped with a logical, creative solution to problems.
- Advanced ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using Root Cause Analysis.
- Strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office and Experience with ERP systems such as Solarsoft CMS or similar.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on mechanical experience are desired.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Engineering/Technical Associate's Degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must possess a basic understanding of production scheduling, Kaizen, Kanban and Lean manufacturing.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel).
|Most Frequent Contacts||Nature/Purpose|
Customer Service Personnel
|Coordination of Strategic Direction
New Products, Product Support
Coordination of material flow
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.