Quality Control Technician
Business Type: Engineering & Technical Salary Range: Based on Experience Location: New Haven County, CT Hours: Full Time Status: Temp to Hire
Our client, an international manufacturer for the pharmaceutical industry, is seeking a new member to their New Haven County team. This opportunity will allow the right candidate to work in a collaborative environment where they will have long-term growth potential.
This position will be responsible for performing inspections on incoming materials and in-house manufactured parts and components.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform measured and visual quality inspections with micrometers and calipers, fixtures, gauges and other precision measuring instruments
- Accurately document the results of the inspections
- Initiate rework or rejection of parts if required
- Generate spreadsheets for data collection
- Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor and coordinate critical equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration
- Laser, etch or pin stamp numbers on a part
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves as required
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action to the supervisor
- Attention to detail
- Performs typically routine assignments supporting production (material selection and cutting according to work orders)
- Must wear proper safety equipment and comply with company safety rules at all times
- Keep production work areas clean and also ensuring that all tools, materials, and supplies are returned to their designated locations as soon as the task is finished
- Positive attitude and striving to improve/learn new things every day
- Other duties as required by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment as a quality inspector
- Knowledge of Metrology, QC, and Calibration technique
- Experience with the properties of common plastics used in manufacturing (preferred)
- Knowledge of ISO a plus
- Intermediate to advanced shop math. Knowledge of the metric system is a plus
- Proficient using a PC in a Windows environment with knowledge of Microsoft Office
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.