Business Type: Engineering & Technical Salary Range: Based on Experience Location: New Haven County, CT Hours: Full Time Status: Direct Hire
Our client, a designer and manufacturer of lighting components, is seeking a new member to their team. This opportunity will allow the right candidate to oversee and improve production processes on the shop floor.
This position will be responsible for optimizing processes for maximum efficiency.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform one-on-one training of production assemblers
- Consult with engineering design group and operations staff regarding product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Perform product evaluations to determine basic repair requirements to restore RMA products to the OEM design intent
- Assist QA with RCCA evaluations of articles returned by the RMA process
- Create physical test fixtures for product conformance and component function testing
- Create part numbers and bills of material, build process sheets and related documentation
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of Engineering Change Orders for mechanical components and articles
- Team with cross-functional departments to coordinate product improvements based on RMA trends
- Serve on the Material Review Board
- Attention to detail
- Other duties as required by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Associates Degree in engineering or equivalent
- Proficient with CAD design tools
- Engineering aptitude
- Must read, speak, and understand English
- Background in mechanical engineering and design
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.