Business Type: Engineering & Technical Salary Range: Compensation DOE Hours: Full Time Status: Permanent
Our client is a 50+ year old global manufacturer, designer and leading supplier of devices that solve complex customer problems with simple, innovative and easy to use products and solutions.
Currently we’ve been engaged to identify a high-energy and talented Manufacturing Engineer whose core focus will be to identify and propose product/process automation design improvements for manufacturability and cost reductions, as well as preparing detailed analysis of cost benefits for program justifications. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this individual will focus on process/product improvement, testing, new product development, project management, documentation, as well as machine upgrades and updates.
Process improvements, efficiency and cost reduction by automation\process improvements.
Machine design including specifications, creation, and budgeting.
Maintain design history file.
Technical writing including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and/or work
Provide training to manufacturing personnel on new and revised processes or equipment.
Create part and packaging specifications.
Create and update Engineering drawings in SolidWorks.
Perform testing on prototype materials and devices.
Perform engineering shelf life, stability, age and product development testing.
Responsible for Request for Comments (RFCs) and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for new products
and change control documentation.
Assigning of new part numbers.
Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
Compile, store, and retrieve production data for statistical analysis.
Creation and maintenance of bills of materials.
Assist QA in maintaining compliance and metrics for:
- Product validation testing
- FDA UDI requirements
- Root Cause analysis testing and compiling of analytical data as required
- Other duties as assigned
Investigate and design machinery to support new R&D Product design and rollouts.
Develop product validation testing and maintain design history files necessary to meet technical
Manage and communicate engineering product/project status to all levels of management and executive
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- BS Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or relevant and related field of technical study required.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of experience is required.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks applications is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is critical.
- Ability to design component parts and assemblies in SolidWorks.
- Automation Controls and design. Some experience in product design
- MS Project and MS Access are a plus.
- Manufacturing experience within a regulated environment ideal.
- Experience with plastics and plastics processing, PLC Programming and machine design is a plus.
- Written and verbal communication skills with ability to interface/influence at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently or collaboratively to complete projects and meet specified deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project).
- Anthony Avallone
- Peter Aloi
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.