Accounting Manager - Direct Hire
Business Type: Accounting Financial Salary Range: 65 - 70k+ Location: Hamden/North Haven/Wallingford CT Hours: Full Time Status: Direct Hire
Our client is searching for a well-rounded Accounting Manager willing to dive in a take the reigns. See below for particulars!
- Payroll -
- Review and administer time reporting, funding payroll account through wire transfer and processing of payroll through 3rd party administrator.
- Enter all General Ledger Journal entries pertaining to payroll
- Human Resources and benefits administration -
- Maintain all employee HR records.
- Track all paid time off requests for employees.
- Calculate and manage all temporary help agencies reporting requirements.
- Set up pre-employment physicals and background checks; go over new employee packets with new employees.
- Manage recruiting efforts inclusive of posting open positions on internet and with recruiting agencies.
- Assist Department Managers in terminating employees – Including processing employee benefit termination and COBRA insurance coverage, provide pink slips and dispute unemployment claims as needed.
- Assist CFO with renewing medical, dental, STD, LTD policies which include reviewing quotes and reviewing plan design changes to manage costs.
- Maintain all Flexible Spending Account withdrawals from payroll and claims.
- Fidelity 401(k) administrator – sends weekly contribution and loan reports, approve all loans and withdrawals.
- Assist outside accountants and 401k providers with year-end processing of Form 5500.
- Insurance -
- Report all First Report of injuries for Workers Compensation, make appointments at Concentra, follow-up medical progress reports.
- Report all vehicle accidents.
- Accounts Payable function –
- Enter invoices into accounts payable system after confirming that dollar amounts agree to purchase orders and inventory.
- Track invoice to receiving history at month end to confirm proper cutoff.
- Handle all payable calls and prepare report of requests for President, GM & CFO
- Maintain files for all payables.
- Cash Disbursements –
- Cut checks, wires for domestic and international payments with Citizens
- Transfer funds to different bank accounts and subsidiaries
- Track all EFT notices and prepare POs for payments
- Other Accounting and Tax functions -
- Manage related party general ledger and accounts payable.
- Monthly Beverage Tax Return for CT.
- Responsible for all building maintenance –
- Manage subcontractors for roof, heating, air conditioning, lighting, plumbing, lawn maintenance, and snow removal.
This position has advisory responsibilities for the Accounts Receivable/Credit Manager and the Accounts Payable/Clerical position.
REITMAN PERSONNEL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All inquiries are held in strict confidence. If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact our office.